ENRICH in the USA AgTech / CleanTech
Cal Poly is a highly rated public university located in California. It is a large institution with an enrollment of 19,685 undergraduate students.
Admissions is competitive as the Cal Poly acceptance rate is 28%.
Popular majors include Business, Mechanical Engineering, and Biology.
San Luis Obispo Key Industries:
San Luis Obispo County and all city partners, including San Luis Obispo City, have identified the following clusters of opportunity, based on industry data, as hubs of current and future activity in San Luis Obispo County.
These clusters are:
- The Knowledge and Innovation Services Cluster is made up of a range of businesses including: computer systems design, software publishers, colleges, universities and professional schools, advertising services, printing services, as well as general professional, scientific, management and technical services.
- The Specialized Manufacturing Cluster contains: aerospace product manufacturing, basic and agricultural chemical manufacturing, electrical equipment manufacturing, medical equipment and supply manufacturing, pharmaceutical manufacturing, transportation and navigation equipment manufacturing, agricultural and construction machinery manufacturing, plastics and rubber manufacturing, motor vehicle and parts manufacturing, metalwork manufacturing, and cement and concrete manufacturing.
- The Health Services Cluster includes: home health care services, elderly community care facilities, medical and diagnostic laboratories, outpatient care centers, acute care hospitals, doctor’s offices, dentist’s offices, ambulatory services, and biosciences and medical products.
- The Building Design and Construction Cluster is comprised of: architectural and engineering services, building construction, building equipment and finishing, foundation, structure, building exterior contractors, heavy and civil engineering construction, land subdivision, utility system construction, green energy implementation, and roadway and bridge construction.
- The Uniquely SLO County Clusters are:
Wine and Agriculture includes: aquaculture, floriculture production, vegetable farming, cattle ranching, fruit and nut farming, olives and olive oil, walnut oil, animal processing and beverage manufacturing.
Recreation and Accommodation includes: higher-value food and drink establishments, traveler accommodations, and amusement and recreation industries. High-value food and drink establishments reflect revenues per employee above the statewide average.
*** Initital industry focus with ENRICH in the USA: AgTech, FoodTech, CleanTech and Tech4Good ***