US Research Handbook on Renewable Energy
The US Research Handbook on Renewable Energy includes potential approaches to collaborate with the US renewable energy research community, including US key university research groups, research centres and industry clusters who are working on the state-of-art technologies for the renewable energy sector.
The handbook also identifies main professional associations as well as conferences and events in the US, focused on renewable energy R&D activities. These key players will be able to support your renewable energy businesses to enter the US market and grow further.
In addition, this handbook could help you to participate in US funding programs related to renewable energy R&D, both at the federal and state level. At the federal level, funding opportunities from the US Department of Energy, National Science Foundation (NSF), National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) and the US Department of Agriculture (USDA) are presented. Funding program from California, New York and New Jersey are included as examples of what exists at the state level.
Therefore, this handbook is an effective source to gain knowledge on the US renewable energy research community and possible first contacts for initial approaches to establishing collaborative activities. Click the link below and be part of one of the global leaders in Renewable Energy Innovation activities!
This handbook was published in June 2017 and is available in English. It has 61 pages and 3 Annex pages.
Table of Contents
- List of Abbreviations (page 11)
- In this section the list of Abrreviations used in this report are presented.
- 1 Introduction (page 15)
- The Research handbook on US R&D Related to Energy – Renewable Energies provides an assessment of the US research community landscape and aims to support research and innovation cooperation between the European Union (EU) and the US.
- 2 US research community landscape (page 21)
- 2.1. University research groups (page 23)
2.2. Research centers (page 32)
2.3. Industry clusters (page 37)
- 3 Recognized research networks/ professional associations and events (page 42)
- 3.1. Research networks and professional associations (page 42)
3.2. Conferences and other networking events (page 45)
- 4 US R&D initiatives and programs (page 49)
- 4.1. Federal initiatives/programs (page 49)
4.1.1. Department of Energy (DoE) (page 50)
4.1.2. National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) (page 54)
4.1.3. National Science Foundation (NSF) (page 55)
4.2. State initiatives/programs (page 57)
4.2.1. California Energy Commission (CEC) (page 57)
4.2.2. New York State Energy Research and Development Authority (NYSERDA) (page 58)
4.2.3. New Jersey's Clean Energy Program (NJCEP) (page 59)
- 5 Observations (page 60)
- Annex 1: Summary of the US Federal and Private Funding Initiatives and Programs (page 62)